Thursday, May 21, 2009

Must Haves


Since we are on the topic of purses, let me just give you some pieces of advice. Throw away all those purses that are in the back of your closet!! You will never need more than 4 purses for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!

1-Winter: either black or brown...i prefer black as it matches with everything. Guess make some very nice pieces that you can re-use for many winters.

2-Summer: either beige or off-white, NEVER white, as it is too cliche, you will be very upset when it gets dirty 5 minutes after you leave your house with it for the very first time. Please see post below for an excellent summer purse. But if you don't want to break the bank just yet, then once again I recommend Guess as they are relatively inexpensive and last a long time.

3-Spring/Fall: For both fall and spring we can use the same purse. I wouldn't go for black and I wouldn't go for a light color either. Personally, this is when I bring out my Vuittons. The weather is just perfect as there is no snow/ice/slush on the ground, so their is no chance of falling while holding a purse that is very dear to me. And also the weather is not so hot that you won't get all sweaty and stain your purse. If you are tight on money then I would recommend using your winter purse until the beginning of June as black goes with everything, then once the temperature reaches the 20s, switch to your summer purse. Then as the weather starts to cool down again swath back to your winter purse.

4-Evening purse: honestly, you only need ONE evening purse for the rest of your life. Keep it simple, make it a clutch and make sure it's black. I bought a black clutch 5 years ago, its classic snakeskin and goes with everything, and I didn't need another one since. If you go to a party people are going to be interested in you and what you are wearing, not your purse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment